Spotting scopes are designed for many purposes, but mainly for targeting. Anyhow, best spotting scopes for target shooting can make so much difference in precision. Simply speaking, every hunter tends to get the most suitable scope for targeting that will help him in a lot of ways. Well, getting one is not that simple because there are so many things you should know before buying one scope.
There are many conditions that can affect the performance of a spotting scope for target shooting. Plainly speaking, these can be turbulence, heat mirage, haze, humidity and so much more. However, there are some scopes that can provide great performance for a hunter no matter the conditions in a reasonable price around 200 dollars.
Now, let’s see what does the best spotting scope for target shooting needs to perform well.
- 1 Things To Consider About Best Spotting Scopes For Target Shooting
- 2 Benefits Of Best Spotting Scopes For Target Shooting
- 3 Top Rated Spotting Scopes For Target Shooting
- 3.1 1) Gosky 20-60X 80 Porro Prism Spotting Scope
- 3.2 2) Barska Barskahawk Spotting Scope 20-60x 60mm with tripod and hard rubber case
- 3.3 3) Konus 7120 20x60x80mm Spotting Scope with Tripod and Case
- 3.4 4) Landove 20-60x 65 Waterproof spotting scope
- 3.5 5) Emarth 20-60x60SE Straight Spotting Scope with Tripod
- 4 Final Verdict of Best Spotting Scopes For Target Shooting
Things To Consider About Best Spotting Scopes For Target Shooting
First of all, we must say something more about the important things about scopes in general.
- Be sure to get the right scope – Most of the newbie hunters get the wrong idea of a good scope. There are a lot of different types of scope and all of them are good in some way. Now, the real question here is ‘’ which one is the most suitable for you’’. Simply speaking, you should know what are you looking for, and get the right one. Look at the features and performance ratings when you search for the best spotting scope for target shooting.
- Be careful where you keep the scope – Most people think that scopes are very durable and that they don’t need maintaining. Anyhow, the spotting scopes for target shooting needs to be taken care off. That is only because all scopes require a little bit of maintaining and good placement. You simply don’t want to damage your scope by putting it in some risky place like a basement with high humidity.
- Get the most out of the scope – Simply speaking, if you don’t get the opportunity to use the scope often, then don’t buy it. The spotting scopes for target shooting are meant to be used often and with care. You would simply waste money on a scope that you won’t use.
Benefits Of Best Spotting Scopes For Target Shooting
In order to get the best insight of the target shooting scopes, you need to know something more about the features and benefits that scopes can provide.
- Magnification – First of all, magnification is a very important feature of any scope. From 20x to the 60x magnification is enough for a good target shooting experience.
- Set-up must be easy – The spotting scopes for target shooting should be relatively easy to set-up onto your rifle. You simply don’t want to waste time and effort on setting up the scope.
- Waterproof, fog-proof and dust-proof – Well, every scope should have this feature. Simply speaking, without all these resistant factors, scopes wouldn’t be that valuable.
- Eye relief – This feature is very important for the people that wear glasses. Simply speaking, you should be able to enjoy the shooting and not waste time on your eye positioning.
- Materials – Due to the fact that most of the scopes are lightweight, they should be made out of the highest-quality materials.
Top Rated Spotting Scopes For Target Shooting
In our humble opinion, we have prepared these two spotting scopes for target shooting that really excel in the field of performance and much more. Let’s see them.
1) Gosky 20-60X 80 Porro Prism Spotting Scope
Now, in order to best describe this scope, we will discuss its features and see how much a good hunter can benefit from it.
First of all, this scope has a fully multi-coated 80mm objective lens with the eyepiece and a high-quality prism inside. Simply speaking, this is one of the most important features that every scope should have.
Next, the materials used to build this scope are also premium-quality. The magnalium framework and a rubber armor, this scope really excels in durability and it doesn’t need much maintaining.
However, this scope is maybe one of the spotting scopes for target shooting since it has a waterproof design and very high resistant against most of the weather conditions.
Also, the scope is equipped with the cell phone adapter and you can use it to take pictures or videos of your experience in the wild.
- First of all, magnification is a very important feature of any scope. From 20x to the 60x magnification is enough for a good target shooting experience.
- The spotting scopes for target shooting should be relatively easy to set-up onto your rifle. You simply don’t want to waste time and effort on setting up the scope.
- Well, every scope should have this feature. Simply speaking, without all these resistant factors, scopes wouldn’t be that valuable.
- This feature is very important for the people that wear glasses. Simply speaking, you should be able to enjoy the shooting and not waste time on your eye positioning.
- Due to the fact that most of the scopes are lightweight, they should be made out of the highest-quality materials.
- Simply speaking, read the manual on how to connect the phone perfectly, this might take some time but you will do it right.
2) Barska Barskahawk Spotting Scope 20-60x 60mm with tripod and hard rubber case
Basically, Barska’s Barskahawk spotting scope is one of those models that can easily adapt to any given scenario and circumstance. It rocks a fully waterproof & fogproof design, allowing you to use it in practically any weather condition. It’s equally good for hunting as it is for spotting wild game in the wilderness or target shooting.
The Barskahawk also has an optimal magnification of 20 to 60x. Again, this particular feature optimizes its performance almost completely, allowing you to use it in a variety of situations.
The construction of this marvellous scope is quite something, sporting an armoured exterior which promises a lot in terms of shock and impact protection. Last, but certainly not least, the Barskahawk comes outfitted with a couple of gratis features, including a hard-case and a tripod.
- Very versatile scope
- Quite affordable
- Durable exterior
- Potential problems with the eye relief
3) Konus 7120 20x60x80mm Spotting Scope with Tripod and Case
Konus’ 7120 scope is a go-to scope for most hunters and people who generally intend to use it in a locked down position. It rocks a huge 80mm lens and magnification range span of 20x to 60x, and the only problem you could possibly have with it is that it’s quite big.
Though it might take quite a big portion of your storage space, the accuracy and clarity it provides are more than enough to compensate for such a small flaw.
This spotting scope is ideal for both hunters and birdwatchers, but it’s not so versatile so as to accommodate the needs of target shooters who demand a bit more flexibility. This spotting scope comes supplied with a tripod and a carry case as complementary features.
- Optimal level of magnification
- Perfectly suited for hunters and birdwatchers
- Comes with gratis features
- Quite big, will take up a big portion of your storage space
4) Landove 20-60x 65 Waterproof spotting scope
Landove’s 20-60x spotting scope is one of the best budget models you can find on the market. Apart from having a very attractive price tag, this spotting scope rocks a fully multi coated objective lens, a premium quality prism, and highly responsive variable magnification.
It’s ideal for all kinds of purposes, including target shooting, hunting, bird watching and all sorts of astronomy-based activities.
This spotting scope also comes equipped with a special digiscoping adapter which allows you to snap photos and videos while using the scope. It also rocks a carry case, an eyepiece, a couple of lens protective covers, a cleaning cloth, and a couple of straps.
- Very affordable
- Packs a variety of complementary features
- Premium quality prism
- Superb objective lens quality
- Quite big, will take up a decent amount of storage space
5) Emarth 20-60x60SE Straight Spotting Scope with Tripod
This amazing spotting scope for target shooting is one of the best out there. Simply speaking, the features and benefits only boost the quality of this magnificent scope.
Now, the first thing that catches the eye of the hunter about this scope is the design. This scope is designed to be quite durable and stable. With the tripod, the stability will be high, and because of the materials used in the making process, this scope is very durable.
Also, this scope has waterproof and fog-proof features which make it great for any occasion. You will be able to see clearly even if it’s raining or if there is a fog.
- This scope is equipped with high-quality lenses that provide the best experience for the shooter.
- Simply speaking, the resistant features are on another level with this scope. The waterproof and fog-proof features really contribute to the overall quality.
- This scope is designed to absorb turbulences and provide the stability and precision that every hunter needs.
- This scope is hard to use and requires more patience than some other scopes.
Final Verdict of Best Spotting Scopes For Target Shooting
With everything said about the best spotting scopes for target shooting, we can only add that these two are very valuable and worth the money. They both hold pretty good value for the cash and they are considered to be ‘’must have’’ items for every hunter.