Nothing can beat the feeling of a close-up view of a rear bird in the wild. Simply speaking, you can observe the birds with a magnificent lens, but that will never be enough. The thing that can provide you the best experience of watching birds in the wild is a spotting scope.
Spotting scopes offer incredible magnification in a very simple and durable package and a great optical quality for birding in general. Anyhow, we will now discuss everything important about the best spotting scope for birding that you need to know.
- 1 Things To Consider About Best Spotting Scope For Birding
- 2 Benefits of the Best Spotting Scopes for Birding
- 3 Here are some of the best spotting scopes for birding
- 3.1 1) Gosky 15-45X 60 Porro Prism Spotting Scope
- 3.2 2) Celestron 52250 80mm Ultima Zoom Spotting Scope
- 4 Conclusion Of Best Spotting Scope For Birding
Things To Consider About Best Spotting Scope For Birding
There are a lot of important things to know about spotting scopes in general. Now, we will discuss only the most important features and things every best spotting scope for birding should have.
Going into the wild and scoping for birds is not an easy thing to do without support for your scope. It is nearly impossible to hold the scope perfectly without moving. So, in order to have the best experience, we strongly recommend that you bring with you a tripod and a tripod head.
This will help you to get the best view possible and an angle that you prefer.
Objectives and Eyepieces
There are different types of scopes based on the objective diameters and eyepiece magnifications. One with the wider objectives will provide you with the more range, but those with the thinner objectives are offering better focus.
Eyepiece magnification is also an important thing to take into consideration. Simply speaking, you put your eye on this part of the scope, so many companies make products with their eyepiece parts installed. Others, on the contrary, make universal parts so that you can attach them to any spotting scope for birding.
Many of the best spotting scopes for birding have an additional options or features that come quite handy when you go into the wild. In general, there are a lot of features that make the bird scoping experience better and pleasant.
Benefits of the Best Spotting Scopes for Birding
There are many things that you can benefit from one of the best spotting scopes for birding. Also, the features are doing its part as well in providing many benefits.
Connecting a camera to a scope
Some spotting scopes that came recently are having the option of connecting them with the camera so you can save all the things you see. This is a very popular and new idea that sprung among big bird spotting lovers.
Focus of the spotting scopes
The focus might be one of the most important things that you can benefit from when it comes to the best spotting scopes for birding. Some scopes have a focus adjusting rings while others have to focus knobs. Either way, they are both providing the focus and optical quality that every bird spotter wants.
There are also different types of scopes based on their focus quality, so be sure to test them before you buy them.
Here are some of the best spotting scopes for birding
We will now present you with our choice of one of the best spotting scopes for birding that we found.
1) Gosky 15-45X 60 Porro Prism Spotting Scope
This compact and powerful spotting scope for birding is equipped with a fully multi-coated 60mm objective lens that comes in the color of green. Anyhow, this will only make your experience better and more enjoyable for the eye.
Simply speaking, the eyepieces and a quality prism will guarantee you the crisp images and brighter view. This is something that every bird spotting lover should know since this is offering a clear view and a beautiful optical quality.
Another great thing about this scope is a 15x to 45x magnification and dynamic lens focusing system. However, this will allow you to zoom from a great distance and see perfectly clear. This is basically designed for bird-watching since birds can be small and hard to find in the wild.
Pros of Gosky 15-45X 60 Porro Prism Spotting Scope
• Digiscoping cell phone adapter – This feature allows you to take videos and images of the things you see through the scope. Basically, this is a really handy thing to have for making the best memories of your trip.
• Waterproof design – Now, you can kiss your worries goodbye when it comes to the rainy weather or dropping your scope into the river or other water surfaces.
• Durability – When it comes to the durability of this scope, we can proudly say that this is a very durable and high-quality spotting scope for birding. With the rubber armor and magnalium framework, this scope is considered as one of the best spotting scopes for birding.
Cons of Gosky 15-45X 60 Porro Prism Spotting Scope
• Magnification glass – This scope’s magnification glass is rated as mediocre in performance. Therefore, zooming on mountains or far away will be a little bit blurry.
2) Celestron 52250 80mm Ultima Zoom Spotting Scope
Celestron 52250 80mm Ultima Zoom Spotting Scope is possibly one of the be spotting scopes for birding out there. With everything that this scope is offering, every bird spotting lover will benefit for sure.
Now, this scope has a multi-coated optics so you can have the best quality while you observe the birds in their natural habitat. Anyhow, the quality of this scope is also contributing to the overall value of these optics.
The next great thing is a soft carrying case. It is made with high-quality materials and offers long and durable use. You can now bring your scope everywhere you go.
Pros of Celestron 52250 80mm Ultima Zoom Spotting Scope
• Multi-coated optics – Considering the fact that this scope has multi-coated optics, it makes it very valuable and worth the cash.
• Zoom eyepiece – With this feature you will be able to zoom from far away. The mountains will look clear and crisp with this scope.
• Lifetime warranty – This spotting scope for birding has a lifetime warranty, so you can be sure that it can guarantee you the best time and experience.
Cons of Celestron 52250 80mm Ultima Zoom Spotting Scope:
• Zoom knob –The zoom knob is a little difficult to adjust for the wanted zoom length.
Conclusion Of Best Spotting Scope For Birding
With everything said about these two spotting scopes for birding, we can only add that they are very valuable and great things to have. They both hold pretty good value for the cash.
Anyhow, every bird spotting lover will know that these two scopes are almost a ‘’must have’’ items.